The Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC) is an initiative of the research communities originally associated with the Real-Time Systems Workshop (WTR, since 1998), the Operating Systems Workshop (WSO, since 2004), the Embedded Systems Workshop (WSE, since 2009), and the Critical Embedded Systems Conference The synergy between these areas and the fact that the design of computing systems is an increasingly multidisciplinary task resulted in the major event in the field in Latin America, covering all aspects of Computing Systems Engineering. The event is promoted by the Technical Committee on Computing Systems Engineering (CE-ESC) of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC).
Modern computing systems are becoming increasingly diversified. Nowadays, we live among Systems of Systems, Cyber-Physical Systems, Ubiquitous Computers, the Internet of Things, and Autonomous Vehicles. Many of these systems are embedded, many are subject to real-time constraints, and most of them run a non-conventional operating system. In this context, the term Computing Systems Engineering involves techniques related to the safe, correct, and deadline-compliant development of such systems.
- Applications (including Automotive, Avionics, and Aerospace)
- Control and Automation
- Design Methodologies, Languages, and Tools
- Distributed Systems
- Electronic System Level, Synthesis, and Co-design
- Fault Tolerance and Dependability
- Formal Methods and Verification
- Internet of Things, Mobile, and Ubiquitous Computing
- Multiprocessor/Multicore/Manycore Systems
- Networking and Communication Protocols
- Performance Evaluation and Optimization
- Power, Energy, and Thermal Aware Systems
- Quality of Service and Resource Management
- Run-time Support Systems (including Virtualization, Storage, and File Systems)
- Scheduling and Schedulability Analysis Security
- Verification, Validation, and Test of Systems
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Worst-Case Execution Time Analysis
Prospective authors are invited to submit original research papers for presentation at the symposium. Papers can be written in English, Portuguese, or Spanish, must be formatted according to the IEEE two-columns conference template.
Full papers must not exceed 6 pages.
Online submissions through SBC's submission system only.
All accepted papers will be initially published online at the symposium web site. Full papers written in English and presented at the symposium will be subsequently published by Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and submitted for inclusion in IEEEXplore.
From these papers, those with the highest review ranks will be invited to prepare an extended version for consideration of partner journals. Copyright will be handled by SBC for papers in Portuguese (you can get the form here) and by IEEE for papers in English.
More information at: Instructions for Authors
Manuscript submission: (Firm Deadline) Aug 13, 2023
Jul 30, 2023
Notification of acceptance: Sep 18, 2023
Camera-ready: Oct 01, 2023
Symposium: Nov 21-24, 2023