Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SBESC'2020 will be carried out completely online.
This year, IFIP TC10: Computer Systems Technology is offering students a cash prize for the best papers (first = € 1500, second = € 1250, third = € 1000) and for the best ESC projects (first = € 500, second = € 400, excellence in innovation = € 350). All works presented at the event are automatically enrolled.
And the best papers of 2020 are:
- Simple Area Coverage by a Dynamic Set of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles by Grazieno Ribeiro, Gustavo Simões, Flávio Assis Silva, Sérgio Gorender, and Alirio Sá
- IoT Sensors Integrated with the Distributed Protocol IOTA/Tangle: Bosch XDK110 Use Case, by Wellington Silvano, Daniel de Michele, Daniel Trauth, and Roderval Marcelino
- A Routing-based Genetic Algorithm for Task Mapping on MPSoC, by Hiago Rocha, Antonio Carlos Beck F., Sílvia Maia, Márcio Kreutz, and Monica Pereira
And the best ESC projects of 2020 are:
- Nomu - Sistema de Monitoramento da Qualidade, Volume e Predição de Consumo de Água, by Thalisson Moura Tavares, Rafael Carneiro Reis de Souza, Lucas Job Brito Araujo, and Edna Natividade da Silva Barros (also excellence in innovation project).
- MUO Care - Mastitis detection from Udder Observation, by Victor Wanderley Costa de Medeiros, Lucas Matheus Santos Andrade, Rafael Jesus de Araújo Vasconcelos, and Tiago da Silva Barros.
Macnica DHW is also offering prizes for the best ESC projects (first place = kit Helios SOC with Cyclone V FPGA, second place = kit ESP32 + Bluetooth module + kit with analog parts from Analog Devices).
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Leandro Indrusiak (University of York)
- Luciano Ost (Loughborough University)
- Claudionor José Nunes Coelho (Palo Alto Networks)
- Renato Mancuso (Boston University)
- Nov 27, 2020: SBESC 2021 will take place in Florianópolis in November 2021.
- Nov 27, 2020: Best ESC projects announced.
- Nov 26, 2020: Certificates are now available at SBC's registration system.
- Nov 26, 2020: Best papers announced.
- Nov 20, 2020: A hotline is now available via WhatsApp at +55 48 3721-9516.
- Nov 18, 2020: Instructions for Participants published.
- Nov 17, 2020: detailed program for the Embedded Systems Competition announced.
- Nov 06, 2020: application for registration fee waiver for undergrad students open.
- Oct 21, 2020: preliminary Program announced.
- Oct 4, 2020: detailed Instructions for Authors published.
- Sep 28, 2020: 40 papers (out of the 96 submitted) were selected by the TPC to compose the main track's program. Authors have been notified by email.
- Sep 12, 2020: firm deadline extension for the Embedded Systems Competition submissions announced.
- Aug 26, 2020: deadline extension for the Embedded Systems Competition submissions announced.
- Aug 16, 2020: the main track received 96 submissions.
- Aug 2, 2020: manuscript submission deadline extentension announced.
- Jul 21, 2020: Keynote Speakers confirmed.
- May 18, 2020: Embedded Systems Competition submissions now open.
- May 14, 2020: main track submissions now open.
- May 14, 2020: Embedded Systems School submissions now open.
- Apr 28, 2020: SBESC 2020 will be an online-only event.
- Sep 19, 2019: site is online at https://https://sbesc.lisha.ufsc.br/sbesc2020/.