Modern computing systems are becoming increasingly diversified. Nowadays we hear about Systems of Systems, Cyber-Physical Systems, Ubiquitous Systems and so on. Many of these systems are embedded, many are subject to real-time constraints and most of them run an operating system. In this context, the term Computing Systems Engineering involves techniques related to a safe, correct and deadline-compliant development methodology for these systems.
The Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC) is an initiative of the research community originally associated with three events, the Operating Systems Workshop (WSO), Embedded Systems Workshop (WSE) and Real-Time Systems Workshop (WTR), acknowledging the strong synergy between these three areas, and also motivated by the fact that the design of computing systems is an increasingly multidisciplinary task. Since 2013, the Brazilian Conference on Critical Embedded Systems (CBSEC) is also part of SBESC. In order to further strengthen the integration between these communities and to better represent the interdisciplinarity found in many research initiatives, since 2015 SBESC is no longer divided into separated tracks. Instead, a broad list of topics of interest is presented, covering the main aspects of the original SBESC tracks.
SBESC 2017 will include the following Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Eduardo Tovar (Instituo Politécnico do Porto, Porto - Portugal)
- Paulo Esteves-Veríssimo (Universidade de Luxembourg, Luxemburgo)
- Rodolfo Azevedo (UNICAMP, Brazil)
This year, SBESC will be held together with the following co-located events:
In 2017, SBESC will be co-located with the Robotica 2017, which includes several robotics competitions and scientific events.
SBESC participants will be able to attend some of these events.
- Jul 21st - The submission deadline has been extended again!. Extended (FIRM) deadline is Jul. 28th
- Jul 7th - The submission deadline has been extended. Extended deadline is Jul. 21st
- May 30th - Embedded Systems Contest 2017 - List of selected projects have been published in the competition page.
- Embedded Systems Contest 2017 - Deadline Extended : April 30th. (Submissions)
- Embedded Systems Contest 2017 -
Submit your proposal here Submissions Closed