Fotos: Cacio Murilo/Acervo PBTUR
Modern computing systems are becoming increasingly diversified. Nowadays we hear about Systems of Systems, Cyber-Physical Systems, Ubiquitous Systems and so on. Many of these systems are embedded, many are subject to real-time constraints and most of them run an operating system. In this context, the term Computing Systems Engineering involves techniques related to a safe, correct and deadline-compliant development methodology for these systems.
The Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC) is an initiative of the research community originally associated with three events, the Operating Systems Workshop (WSO), Embedded Systems Workshop (WSE) and Real-Time Systems Workshop (WTR), acknowledging the strong synergy between these three areas, and also motivated by the fact that the design of computing systems is an increasingly multidisciplinary task. Since 2013, the Brazilian Conference on Critical Embedded Systems (CBSEC) is also part of SBESC. In order to further strengthen the integration between these communities and to better represent the interdisciplinarity found in many research initiatives, starting in 2015 SBESC will no longer be divided into separated tracks. Instead, a broad list of topics of interest is presented, covering the main aspects of the original SBESC tracks.
This year, SBESC will be held together with the Intel® Embedded Systems Competition 2016.
- Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Andy Pimentel (University of Amsterdam)
- Mauro Carvalho Chehab (Samsung Brazil Research (Open Source Group)).
- Dionisio de Niz (Carnegie Mellon University).
- November 6, 2016: Certificates are online HERE. Check your number in the List and download your specific file.
- November 4, 2016: Best Papers were announced.
- October 28, 2016: Due to the success in registrations and limited spaces, we inform that the registration will be closed on October 30 at 23:59 (Brasilia time).
- October 27, 2016: Information about Opening Cocktail and Conference Dinner is available.
- October 08, 2016: SBESC 2016 Program is available.
- September 14, 2016: Best paper nominees announced.
- April 16, 2016: New Keynote Speaker announced.
- April 07, 2016: SBESC 2016 Submission Deadlines.
- April 07, 2016: SBESC 2016 Submission Guidelines.
- February 12, 2016: Intel Embedded System Contest 2016 launched.