Modern computing systems are becoming increasingly diversified. Nowadays we hear about Systems of Systems, Cyber-Physical Systems, Ubiquitous Systems and so on. Many of these systems are embedded, many are subject to real-time constraints and most of them run an operating system. In this context, the term Computing Systems Engineering involves techniques related to a safe, correct and deadline-compliant development methodology for these systems.
The Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC) is an initiative of the research community originally associated with three events, the Operating Systems Workshop (WSO), Embedded Systems Workshop (WSE) and Real-Time Systems Workshop (WTR). Acknowledging the strong synergy between these three areas, and also motivated by the fact that the design of computing systems is an increasingly multidisciplinary task. Last year, in this 3rd edition the the Brazilian Conference on Critical Embedded Systems(CBSEC) also unified to SBESC. Since 2013, the event is constituted of four symposium's tracks: Operating Systems, Embedded Systems, Critical Systems or Real-time Systems.
In 2014, in this 4rd edition, the event will include tutorials and keynote speakers on topics related to the engineering of computer systems. In this case, each track will feature a keynote speakers (possibly international), expert in the field. There will also be opening cocktail and thanks conferencial dinner to the organizers and paritcipants, as well as providing socialization among those present. Additionally, we have a specific industrial track to discuss topics of interest to industry and encourage exchange of information and possibilities of interaction with acadamia.
- John Impagliazzo (Hofstra University)
- Tim Kelly (University of York)
- Herbert Bos (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Hermann Kopetz (Vienna University of Technology)
- Nikil Dutt (University of Califórnia)
News about SBESC 2014
1) This year, the best articles may be submitted as an extended version in IJES (Link to the magazine: http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijes).
2) This year, the SBC is with a promotion called "Caravan". With it, you pay 10 entries and has the right to call another member free. To participate, you must send an email to eventos at sbc.org.br with the list of 11 members, with their respective payment receipt, and which will be the free entry.