Industry Track Presentations
The SBESC will hold an Industry Track aiming to promote a profitable dialogue between industry actors and the Academia. The track dynamics will include presentations to discuss topics of mutual interests and to encourage exchange of information and opportunities of interaction with Academia. In the same way, we want to establish an efficient dialogue between computing systems engineering practitioners and researchers concerning the main challenges, obstacles, and lessons learned on development of computing systems.
We strongly encourage the submission of state-of-the-art methods, techniques, and tools for the development, verification and validation of safe, critical, correct and deadline-compliant computing systems.
The Industry Track presentations will address the application of computing systems engineering principles and practices with concrete relation to industrial application in all fields of interest, which includes, but are not limited to:
- Cyber-physical systems;
- Mobile, ubiquitous and pervasive systems;
- Ambient intelligence;
- Digital TV;
- Resource and power management;
- Vehicular and sensor networks;
- Distributed, embedded and real-time systems;
- Operating systems;
- Critical systems;
- Development methodologies;
- Formal methods, verification, validation and testing;
- Monitoring and debugging;
- Multiprocessors, multi-core, clusters and other parallelization methods;
- Performance evaluation;
- Automotive and avionic systems;
- Control and automation;
- HW/SW integrated design;
- System synthesis and estimation techniques;
- Certification, safety and dependability;
- Robotics and computer vision;
- Unmanned systems;
- Computer networks and data communication.
August 18th, 2014September 8th, 2014
September 15th, 2014September 22nd, 2014
September 29th, 2014October 6th, 2014
How to Submit
Please prepare a 4-page extended abstract of the talk in the SBC format (Available at http://www.sbc.org.br/en/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=195&task=finish&cid=38&catid=32 ) containing:
- an industrial challenge or problem definition, and its importance to the industry;
- potential solutions;
- analysis, discussion and conclusions of the results.
After acceptance, the author(s) are required to submit a slide set presentation (PDF format) for publication in the supplemental proceedings of the symposium.
The abstracts will be reviewed by the Industry Track Program Committee and the selected authors will present a talk (20 to 30 minutes) at the SBESC’2014 conference. The selected speakers should register at the symposium.
Industrial Track Co-chairs
Prof. José Carlos Maldonado (ICMC/USP)
Prof. José Reginaldo Hughes Carvalho (IComp/UFAM)
Industrial Track Program Committee