Modern computing systems are becoming increasingly diversified. Nowadays we hear about Systems of Systems, Cyber-Physical Systems, Ubiquitous Systems and so on. Many of these systems are embedded, many are subject to real-time constraints and most of them run an operating system. In this context, the term Computing Systems Engineering involves techniques related to a safe, correct and deadline-compliant development methodology for these systems.
The Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC) is an initiative of the research community originally associated with three events, the Operating Systems Workshop (WSO), Embedded Systems Workshop (WSE) and Real-Time Systems Workshop (WTR), acknowledging the strong synergy between these three areas, and also motivated by the fact that the design of computing systems is an increasingly multidisciplinary task. Since 2013, the Brazilian Conference on Critical Embedded Systems (CBSEC) is also part of SBESC. In order to further strengthen the integration between these communities and to better represent the interdisciplinarity found in many research initiatives, starting in 2015 SBESC will no longer be divided into separated tracks. Instead, a broad list of topics of interest is presented, covering the main aspects of the original SBESC tracks.
In 2015, the 5th edition of SBESC will include tutorials and keynote speakers on topics related to the engineering of computing systems.
This year SBESC will be held together with the IESS- International Embedded Systems Symposium (IESS 2015)
- Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- V Embedded Systems School (ESSE 2015)
- Intel Embedded Systems Contest 2015
- Forum on Education in Computer Engineering (FEEC)
- Proceedings at IEEEXplore
- SBESC 2016 is now online
- Mar 7, 2016: Proceedings are now available at IEEEXplore.
- Oct 16, 2015: Final Program announced.
- Sep 30, 2015: Best Paper nominees announced.
- Sep 30, 2015: Intel Embedded System Contest 2015 Finalists announced.
- Sep 27, 2015: Advance program announced.
- Sep 22, 2015: Venue information updated.
- Sep 14, 2015: Registration is now open.
- Sep 09, 2015: The conference hotel NAME has changed to Golden Park Internacional.
- Jul 18, 2015: final dealine extension to Jul 26, 23:55 (BRT)''
- Jul 7, 2015: submission deadline extended to Jul 19, 23:55 (BRT)
- Jul 6, 2015: Keynotes Speakers announced.
- May 19, 2015: FEEC call for papers.
- May 5, 2015: site updated (including registration fees).
- Apr 6, 2015: call for papers launched.
- Feb 20, 2015: Intel Embedded System Contest 2015 launched.