The Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC) is an initiative of the research community originally associated with three events, the Operating Systems Workshop (WSO), the Embedded Systems Workshop (WSE), and the Real-Time Systems Workshop (WTR), that got together having identified a strong synergy between these areas, also motivated by the fact that designing computing systems is an increasingly multidisciplinary task. Since the first edition, the event holds the Embedded Systems School (ESSE) and since 2013, the Brazilian Conference on Critical Embedded Systems (CBSEC) also joined SBESC. The symposium is supported by the Especial Committee on Computing Systems Engineering (CE-ESC) of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC).
Modern computing systems are becoming increasingly diversified. Nowadays we hear about Systems of Systems, Cyber-Physical Systems, Ubiquitous Systems, Internet of Things, and so on. Many of these systems are embedded, many are subject to real-time constraints and most of them run an operating system. In this context, the term Computing Systems Engineering involves techniques related to the safe, correct, and deadline-compliant development of such systems.
Topics of Interest
- Applications (including Automotive, Avionics, and Aerospace)
- Control and Automation
- Design Methodologies, Languages, and Tools
- Distributed Systems
- Electronic System Level, Synthesis, and Co-design
- Fault Tolerance and Dependability
- Formal Methods and Verification
- Internet of Things, Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing
- Multiprocessor/Multicore/Manycore Systems
- Networking and Communication Protocols
- Performance Evaluation and Optimization
- Power, Energy and Thermal Aware Systems
- Quality of Service
- Resource Management
- Run-time Support Systems (including Virtualization, Storage, and File Systems)
- Scheduling and Schedulability Analysis Security
- Verification, Validation and Test of Systems
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Worst-Case Execution Time Analysis
Prospective authors are invited to submit original research papers for presentation at the symposium. Papers can be written in English, Portuguese, or Spanish, must be formatted according with the IEEE two-columns symposium template, and the resulting PDF must not exceed 8 pages. Online submissions through SBC's submission service only.
All accepted papers will be initially published online at the symposium web site. Full papers written in English and presented at the symposium will be subsequently published by Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and submitted for publication in IEEE Xplore and submitted to indexing services. From these, those with the highest review ranks will be invited to prepare an extended version for consideration of partner journals: ACM SIGOPS Operating System Review, Springer Journal on Design Automation for Embedded Systems, and Elsevier Journal on Science of Computer Programming. Copyright will be handled by SBC for papers in Portuguese (you can get the form here) and by IEEE for papers in English.
Manuscript registration and submission:
--Jul 08, 2019 (BRT) Jul 29, 2019 (BRT) (Firm Deadline)
Notification of acceptance: Sep 13, 2019
Camera ready: Oct 06, 2019
Symposium: Nov 19-22, 2019